ISC Plant Manager
No. of Positions
The Integrated Supply Chain Plant Manager for Stanley Assembly Technologies will develop and implement the overall operations and supply chain strategy across a global and cross-functional team. The incumbent will provide direction and oversight for the execution of major projects and the achievement of operational KPIs. The scope includes overall plant management, support for various transformative programs (i.e. lean culture, new product launches, S&OP, acquisition integration, Industry 4.0) and operational excellence. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for the matrix relationships of all functional leaders supporting the site. Success in this role requires leadership across a complex global and functional matrix.
- Assure safe and environmentally compliant work processes and operations across manufacturing and key supplier facilities.
- Develop and execute the manufacturing strategy focusing on footprint optimization, supply chain efficiency, continuous improvement, and quality supporting profitable growth for the enterprise and world-class operations.
- Connect the operating system with business goals, drive targeted, sustainable improvement in Safety Quality Delivery Cost, Inventory (SQDCI), and daily management by leveraging lean, Six Sigma and effective change management.
- Implement continuous seamless operations and manufacturing processes from planning, scheduling, sourcing, procurement, and manufacturing, through to delivery.
- Support deployment of lean manufacturing and Six Sigma principles, techniques and tools into all production processes as key drivers to continuous productivity improvements.
- Develop and maintain a quality control program that assures customers receive a quality product, manufactured at a competitive cost; programs that assure proper purchasing practices, achieve and maintain competitive and reliable delivery performance at optimum costs.
- Build and manage Operational Excellence maturity assessment process, drive gap closure and develop/champion learning strategy for SAT team.
- Build and develop a world-class Integrated Supply Chain leadership team, including early career talent pipelines and leadership succession planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical or business degree. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Significant manufacturing and supply chain experience. Minimum of 15+ years’ experience with a demonstrated track record of operations strategy, execution delivery and developing people.
- Leadership of a global operation with responsibility spanning planning, manufacturing, engineering, and procurement.
- Strong global process manufacturing expertise with an understanding of the customer and business implications.
- Professional skills: proven leadership ability; broad and diverse perspective; highly articulate; balanced team player/communicator and aggressive independent leader, highly analytical and capable of broad strategic thinking; process and results-oriented.
- Communication skills: allowing the individual to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, its partners, clients, and the external technology community to ensure a clear understanding of the company's technical strategy.
- Change management and business transformation capabilities, including the influencing skills required to move the organization to its future state.
- Outstanding business acumen and aptitude, with the ability to understand the diversified business requirements and provide vision and direction to the organization.
- Black Belt and/or Lean Expert certification preferred.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Featured Category on SBD Careers
Operations (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement)