Vulcan Industries has been providing merchandising display solutions for over 70 years. We take pride in our diverse customer base which includes some of the world’s best known retailers and brand marketers. With domestic and off-shore manufacturing, as well as sales offices in key markets across the country, we offer global solutions in today’s global economy.
Under direct supervision, manually moves freight, stock or other materials, packages a wide variety of products or materials or performs other general labor tasks. Years of Experience: 0-1 year
Packs product manually performing any combination of the following duties: Shapes and assembles shipping cartons. Packs into designated cartons. Arranges product into designated count for shipping. Assembles unit components. Compacts discarded shipping materials. Sorts product for quality and rejects damaged product. Applies tape to seal containers. Inspects product at each step of packaging process. Returns rejected product to production line and repacks product. Stamps cartons with date packaged. May stack, separate, count, pack and wrap product. Maintains housekeeping in packing areas. Relieves other workers for breaks and lunch and rotates to worker stations as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Packing Product
- Clearing & setting up packing line
- Assembling units
- Compacting discarded cardboard
- Maintaining housekeeping in packing/assembling area
- Reporting for work regularly and on time
- At least 3 months of work history at Vulcan Industries.
- Must have basic mathematic skills and be able to add & subtract 2 digit numbers, multiply & divide 10’s and 100’s by 2,3,4,5.
- Ability to read and compare similarities and differences between words and series of numbers
- Ability to write series of numbers, names, and addresses.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate or learn to operate various machines, such as: Shrink Wrap, rivet, banding, stitching and compacting machine, packsize machine, stapler, hand tools, tape gun, drills.
- Inside, non-climate controlled environment, variable work days and hours. Some overtime will be required.
Performance Standards Required
- Lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively.
- Prolonged standing.
- Kneeling, crouching, stooping
Supervision given by:
- Speed consistent with established production rates and consistent with company safety regulations
Supervision given to:
Note: Employees may be asked to perform tasks other than those listed on the job description and will be expected to perform any reasonable task assigned by their supervisor.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.